The First & Only Tourniquet Surfboard Leash Study was conducted for OMNA Inc., in November 2016. The study was designed to determine the efficacy of the OMNA Tourniquet Leash, the first of its kind surf tourniquet for surfers. An independent vascular clinic was contacted and subsequently performed the study. During the Study the OMNA Tourniquet Surfboard Leash also known as a surf rope was applied to the arm and leg, during both tests the OMNA tourniquet was able to achieve 100% occlusion of the brachial and femoral arteries.
Conversely, when a normal 6' x 7 mm diameter surfboard leash was wrapped around a leg and pulled tight, the improvised aka makeshift tourniquet failed to reach occlusion.
1. Immediately Available: because the tourniquet is integrated directly into a surf leash it is always available, does not add any additional weight to the surfer, nor does it interfere with their surfing. This means a surfer has bleeding control protection at all times, without having to worry about it, and can focus on why they're in the water, which is to get barreled.
2. Marine-Grade: OMNA Tourniquets are 100% marine grade, and while they should only be used for 1 actual severe bleeding injury, they are not marked with the single use medical device symbol because they'll be with you in the water for an extended period of time, so they are made to last.
3. Made For Water: Marketing is one thing, engineering is another. Every OMNA component and part is engineered for repetitive ocean exposure and use. This includes tourniquet application. The OMNA marine ratcheting surf buckle system facilities surfer rapid tourniquet application that is up to 3x faster than traditional tourniquets, can be done one-handed, and allows for surfboard or other water sport gear retention.
4. Durability: OMNA Tourniquets are marine grade, thus they do not have to stay in their packaging, and can withstand exposure.
5. Instructions On TQ: Instructions for use are on the exterior of every OMNA tourniquet, and they can be read from either side. So no matter which way you have your OMNA TQ, you can read the instructions.